October 2010 ~ Cape Hatteras

Thursday, October 1, 2009

What could be worse than TEETHING ???



Can't figure out how to put the pics on the bottom of the post...

Okay, so by the title you can probably guess a rough week in our household...Sunday we realized that Maz had cut her first tooth on the top...meaning a second one is sure to come in soon...or at least make her MISERABLE for a week or so! She had her 9 month old check up on Monday, weighing in just under 24lbs (99th percentile for weight), 28.5 inches (81st percentile for height) and a big head (91st percentile). She was a very good girl even though her gums are definitely hurting..she had a smile for everyone! They also gave her the flu shot (1st one - she has never had one before so she will get another in 4 weeks) She didn't even feel the shot in those chubby little legs! Tuesday evening Carver went and got his flu shot...he was such a BIG BOY - he only cried for a minute or two and was all better...the lollipop helped a bunch though (Thanks to my friend Lynn who slipped me the ever so handy lollipop on the way in to the office -when she was on her way out with her two kids!!!)
Maz has gotten more cranky all week long, not sleeping more than an hour or two at night before waking..and crying....and then up for the day about 5am. Yesterday, Wednesday, I was changing her shirt when we got home from daycare..she SCREAMED when I pulled her arm through her sleeve. I inspected her and found a very sore looking finger on her left hand..it looked like it might have gotten squashed. I called daycare and talked to her caretaker but nobody knew what might have happened (she is all over the place, crawling and stuff) Last night was once again...NO Fun, & her finger looked worse in the morning and she was even more fussy, I gave her Tylenol thinking that tooth MUST be coming through today.
When I picked the kids up just before 4pm MAZZY was just beside herself...and her finger looked even worse (daycare also thought maybe an ear infection because she was so fussy) I called right from daycare and took her right in...couldn't get a hold of Mike so I had to take Carver too. He was a very good boy the whole time. They checked Maz's lungs, "clear" and her ears, "all clear" then took a look at that finger "not good". They had to put iodine on it and use a sterilized needle to "drain" it. It was very infected. She will be on an antibiotic three times a day for 10 days. The doc said it might be tough to figure out exactly what happened but did say if it looked "squished" yesterday it could have been pinched in something and some "localized infection" started because of that. So all in all FUN FUN FUN!! Thankfully Mike was able to come to town so I could run in and get the prescription without taking the kids in...they had been pretty good but it was after 5pm by now and we usually get home by 4pm.

Thought I would add some pics from this week..

No comments:

Post a Comment