


Ohhhh what a busy weekend!!!! On Saturday, our friend Heather came to the house at 5:15am to watch both kids while I drove Mike to his race up Mt. Washington. We were gone until about 1:45pm. Mike did well (but not according to him...he thinks he should have done better.) I drove up the mountain by about 8am (after waiting in a long line up for about 25 min.) I knew something wasn't right about half way up when I glanced at my gas gage and it had gone from a 40 mile range down to ---- (ya. that means NO gas) I had only gone 4 miles!!!! I guess the combination of the 12% grade and being in Low 1 didn't help. Well, as you may have guessed I RAN OUT OF GAS on the highest elevation on the EAST coast about 1 mile from the top!!! Beyond embarrassing....it was a bit scary...for anyone that doesn't know, when you run out of gas, you lose all steering and breaking..all you have is your e-brake...if you don't panic and remember where it is...I managed to back off a steep incline and wait for a passerby. I humbly asked them to radio someone down the mountain for gas. A very nice volunteer for "race day" came to sit with me and we waited about 20 or 30 min for a Mt. Washington Auto Road assistance truck to arrive. He wasn't pleased. I had to hold the funnel for the 6 gallons of gas AND he needed cash payment on the spot! Long story short I did get to the top of the mountain and I did get to see him finish (and I did get a bit of a lecture)
Carver's Birthday Party was a success!!!!Everyone had fun, there were no casualties of the "bouncy house", and no one left in tears...pretty good for a 3 yr olds party! Other than Mike and I not remembering to eat all day....things were good. It was hectic and Mike was exhausted from the prior days bike ride (he was still a good sport) Carver decided he didn't need to nap (though we left him up in his room for 1hour and 45min.!!!) The kids were happy, the parents were fed!!
No comments:
Post a Comment