
Mazzelyn Tayte turned 1 today! I cannot believe it has been a whole year already. I thought back to last December 26th, we left the house when it was still dark to drive the hour to the hospital, waving goodbye to my mom and Carver. We had talked to Carver alot about "the baby" and all about how we would go to the hospital when she was ready to be born and how grandma would come and stay with him. I remember the nurses sticking me like a hundred times...they had such a hard time getting a line into my arm. Our Douala was with us and was allowed into the operating room...the anesthesiologist was awesome, I remember when they finally got her out, the doctor tried to show her to me but I couldn't quite see her. I sent Mike over to her (they never left the room and the anesthesiologist moved things so I could catch a glimpse from a distance) The Douala stayed right with me as I waited for them to "stitch" me up. I even remember asking her if she "looked okay"...we had been told that there was still a likely chance she would be born with Downs syndrome and have kidney problems...neither of those things happened. She was a a big baby 8lbs 7 ozs. and 21 inches long, and absolutely perfect in every way. ---I might add that Mike and I had decided she would be perfect no matter how she arrived:~)
She was a good baby, eating and sleeping, until about 3 -4 months when we grew concerned with her not sleeping and breathing well at night and excessively spitting up all day long. Then came the taking her to 3 different pediatrician offices just to find out she had reflux with apnea...then meds and formula switches and Nap Nanny purchases. What an expensive little monkey!!
She has kept us on our toes almost since day one!!! She crawled at 7 months, and walked just before 11 months...she can be a bit demanding with the screeching!! She climbs EVERYTHING, takes all her brothers toys and loves to be the center of attention. She continues to surprise us with all the things she can do...just yesterday she said "Thank You" as plan as you or I when her grandma gave her a Christmas present!!
Her brother adores her (most of the time) and I can only think she antagonizes him because she adores him too!! She is stubborn and steadfast on everything she wants and I can only hope this evolves into a successful young woman someday:~) We love you Mazzelyn Tayte and you have definitely completed our family!
Happy Happy Birthday sweet girl!!!
ReplyDeleteKristen received your cards today. Thank You! The spider man stickers were especially cute. You had a Christmas baby! What fun that must be. I am surprised at the many people that are told that their child might have down syndrome and most of them don't.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated to your beautiful,beautiful little girl!
ReplyDelete