October 2010 ~ Cape Hatteras

Friday, June 26, 2009

Naughty or Nice?


Nope, I am not talking about Christmas. We were having a normal hectic morning, trying to get both kids and a whole lot "crap" in the car before 8am. On most mornings I am pretty sure I look like a pack horse when I am walking out the front door... kiddy backpack, overflowing diaper bag, travel mug with extra bold coffee + 2 extra shots of espresso, bottle of water, wallet, keys and laptop and possibly something I am currently forgetting, oh ya, cellphone. (On on the rainy days add a toddler in rain boots, rain coat and his absolutely necessary gigantic, bulky umbrella) Thank god the sun FINALLY came out today!
Anyway, this morning Maz was already in the car (squirming 6 month old isn't so easy to add to the above list), so Carver and the packhorse made our way out the door to the car, I began loading all our "stuff " in on the passenger side and heard an unmistakable thunk on the other side of the car, I drop everything on the seat and run around to the drivers side...Carver is throwing rocks at my car??!!?! And these were not tiny pebbles...I Yell, "Carver Madden - STOP"..he stops immediately and just stares at me (not used to mom yelling quite that loud) I am obviously upset (yes, at almost three, he has quite an arm) Mike comes outside to check out the commotion, as I try to get a response to the still shocked Carver, I try to get him into his seat, by this time Mazzy is extremely unhappy at being in her seat and the car not moving, I ask Carver for the 3rd or 4th time what on earth he was doing to mommy's car?? In the tiniest, sweetest voice I hear "but mommy, I was just trying to make your car dirty so daddy and I could wash it again" "I'm sorry mommy, please don't be mad" "your happy now, your happy now"
Well what do you say to that?
Apparently he REALLY likes spending time with his daddy, washing mommy's car!!
I did assure him I wasn't still mad..but he was not to throw ANYTHING at the car again..and yes, there are some dings on the driver side front fender...

No comments:

Post a Comment