January 2010
We left our house at 4:30pm and drove to Plymouth. As we got out of the car in Plymouth at the ice arena Carver looks at me and says "Mom it's so quiet without Mazzy" (we had left Maz with daddy at home) He was so excited as we hurried up to the big doors (running just a bit late) We signed in and got his name tag. We then got in line to request his skate size. As I waited for his skates he put on his snow pants, helmet and I helped him with his jacket. After he was all laced up he stood up (not on two blades...these were BIG BOY skates!!) "mom I don't need help I can do it" I took his hand anyway and walked him over to his teacher (who already had at least 6 students) She told Carver to tell mommy to stay behind that he didn't need me:-( He took her hand and away he went (only slightly reluctant because his best buddy wasn't quite ready to walk away with him) Xander quickly caught up though and off they went...
I have to say I was a bit teary, he was such a big boy because he REALLY wanted to skate. The staff (I think mostly volunteer) were awesome!! He was on the ice for almost an hour! He can't wait for next week! I am so proud of him:-) And hopefully I will get a picture next week!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment