Our day started off with everyone sleeping late...past 7am...and then the toilet overflowed, flooding the bathroom and draining into the basement. Since the kids don't start their new school until tomorrow and I HAD to go to the office today...they went with me. Other than Mazzy telling me she was "all done" with her carseat about 15 min. into a 50 min drive and screaming at the top of her lungs while standing in the middle of a busy office with people WORKING...it went okay (meaning I have had worse days at the office) We then went to Target to pick up some last minute things for their 1st day (lunch foods, thermos, etc)...Carver insisted on a getting a new lunch box (I mean he only has 4 already...)Mazzy had enough shopping and was ready to nap so she thought trying to climb out of the cart and screaming would be appropriate. Carver picked out a Batman cartoon to watch on the way home (helpful in keeping him quiet while Maz napped) I had a nice QUIET drive back North and proceeded to drive around until Maz woke up to avoid driving ALL the way home just to turn around and go back to town for groceries (we live in the woods!!) After a fun filled trip to the local grocery store (I love grocery shopping...that was sarcastic...) with a 4 yr old and 20 month old it's even MORE fun!! Fighting over who could hold the coupons was pleasant...as well as why we couldn't buy donuts because it wasn't on the list (but Mom, dad said he really wanted some...could you just put it on the list?) However, the highlight was getting $178 dollars of groceries in the car in 95 degree heat, just buckled Maz into her seat... when Carver HAS TO GO TO THE BATHROOM NOW!! Not to worry I left the car running with all the groceries in it and hauled both kids back into the store for a potty break.
DRUM ROLL PLEASE>>>> Best part of the whole day....My 4 yr old running to find me because "Mazzy is poopy and she took her diaper off already..." Me = "Carver go get daddy in the backyard" and the finale, while I am cleaning Maz up, Mike comes in to find the pup VERY interested in the dirty diaper....Ewwwwww
Dogs are so weird! Sounds like our day, I was overslept and Mondo missed his first period!
ReplyDelete