October 2010 ~ Cape Hatteras

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Count your blessings not your troubles...

I saw this saying posted to a sign I passed during my travels today, "Count your blessings not your troubles"...I think it really says a lot about the world we live in today. So much to gripe about with the economy, people losing their jobs, houses etc...I find myself getting stuck in a rut with bills to pay, working too much..to pay the bills:), not being able to spend as much time with the kids, complaining about my extremely early risers:) but the bottom line is we are all here together, pretty much healthy, the bills are getting paid (sometimes just barely) and life is moving forward..every day we wake up we have a choice to make...smile and be happy about all the good things, no matter how small...or get lost in the world of the unhappy and discontent...

I had a client leave me a message yesterday on my pager, I handle "most" of his retirement funds and his health ins. (for he and his wife) He is a very honest, helpful to those in need, genuinely caring individual, and last but not least very "christian" man. I hadn't talked to him about my family in quite some time, most conversation's have been all business...and then yesterday, out of the blue, he leaves a message..he wanted to know how my niece was doing (this would be little Syren whom, as most of you know, was born with a life threatening birth defect ) he said he really wanted to report to his weekly prayer group how she was doing, positive or negative updates. His prayer group has been praying for her every week for MANY months now. I returned his call happy to tell him that she recently was evaluated and she has NO developmental delays...even though she spent almost 5 months in the hospital and had needed to be on countless meds over the last 18 months!!Yay for Syren!!I also asked if he would include Theresa in his prayers or a speedy recovery from the uterine infection that landed her back in the hospital for 4 days... only 1 week after giving birth to her son Zephyr.

I have to say it really gives me a new confidence in "people" to have the person who has never even met my family to be thinking of them on a regular basis and including them in his prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment