
Yay! He did it!!!! Mike (better known as Daddy) completed his 1st ride up the Mt. Washington Auto Road this morning, this was just a training ride for the "race" on August 15th. This is considered one of the most difficult bike rides in the world...the combination of ascent and length 7.6 miles with gradient (inclines) of 12%, 18% and at the top 22%!!! He has been training for this since last Fall when I was still pregnant with Mazzy. Thankfully we have a good friend (and excellent babysitter) that could watch the kids this morning so that Mike, myself and Whit (Carver and Mazzy's "Uncle" Whit) could get up at 4:30 am and drive to the bottom of Mt. Washington. The guys needed to be on their bikes riding up by 7am. I was allowed to drive up in the car and stop periodically to cheer them on (I won't be allowed to do that on race day) On race day I will have to begin driving up by 7am...well ahead of the racers. I can see why all of us drivers need to be ahead of the riders...driving up that road is a bit scary...then add in bikers, high winds, narrow turns, fog so dense you can't see through it and oncoming traffic...and I was IN THE CAR:)
No comments:
Post a Comment