
Okay, so not really... but it sure feels like it!! I walked into our downstairs bathroom last night and tripped over a LARGE yellow Tonka truck, a woolly mammoth and a blue rubber duck. I sometimes wonder if this is just the "new" normal...and will I miss it someday...far, far, from now?
Update for the week: I was lucky enough to go on Carver's second "ever" field trip at his daycare (the first was to a matinee when I was 8 months preg. with Maz and Carver wasn't feeling well...no fun) This time I chaperoned to the Science Center in Holderness, this was my 1st visit here. It is pretty much a walking trail through the woods, and quite a few "rescued" animals...bobcats, otters, deer, bears, mountain lions, eagles, owls, vultures and I am sure a few more I am forgetting. However, Carver informed me that he wanted to see MORE animals. ( I had to remind him that it wasn't the zoo...poor kid, I don't think he is old enough to know the difference) They also have ALOT of educational exhibits, and learning tools that the kids can play "in and around". I thought he did great considering, he is the very youngest in his daycare room..all of the other kids turned 3 at least 6 months ago and he still has a few weeks to go!! After we finished at the Science Center we had to drive the other kids I was chaperoning back to the daycare. Carver did not want to stay, silly me I agreed and we had an afternoon out together (I had already taken the day off from work) We went to the hairdresser and got him a much needed haircut. We then proceeded to the local shoe store and got him a new pair of shoes, he is so funny, he wanted the 1st pair he saw, he wouldn't even let the poor guy help him try on any other shoes...so stubborn. Then it was off to Walmart so he could pick out birthday presents for his friends Sammy and Jake for their B-day part on Saturday..he is getting to be so big..I gave him suggestions but he picked them out all by himself!! Last, but not least he got to grocery shopping with me...something he doesn't get to do with me very often since Mazzy came along. (I am NOT the crazy mom willing to take two kids into the supermarket - I am sure they would be relatively good but I am just too tired to attempt it after working all day!) All in all I think he was pretty happy about his day.
"ABOUT THE ATTACHED PICTURE"
Mazzy is doing well and "oh so close" to crawling. I had to attach this picture...that was the truck that Carver and Daddy had wrapped for his friend Jake...apparently no one was watching Maz entertain herself...by UNWRAPPING it...as usual..she was pretty pleased with herself!! Carver not so pleased...
I can't wait to chaperone on the apple picking trip this fall - it should be lots of fun! That picture is awesome. At least you know she'll have fun at Christmas (although you won't be able to leave presents down low until they are ready to be unwrapped...)
ReplyDelete